Re: PHP & SOAP for production

Hello,
On Saturday 01 October 2005 17:13, jonathan wrote:
> you could try the native SOAP extension in php5.
>
> A client asked me about this recently and I told him I thought he
> should use java / axis because of problems with PHP / SOAP
> specifically as it relates to handling certain data types.
>
> -jonathan

I've looked at the php.net and saw "(no version information, might be only in
CVS)" in the docs. So is this already in the released version of PHP 5 or
not ?

I haven't been exactly following with what's going on in PHP 5. I already have
my applications working and it was written and run with PHP 4. This SOAP part
is an extension to try to integrate my apps with other apps (ie.
authentication) in the company I am working for. If SOAP is natively
supported in PHP 5 and better (and faster) than the PEAR extension, then
maybe it's worth my efforts to migrate to PHP 5. But otherwise, I am rather
reluctant to fix what's not broken (ie. upgrading to PHP 5) since that means
I have to install PHP 5 and reconfigure the webserver again.

Thanks for any comments, suggestions, or opinions.
RDB