Re: Server Time Out

Kevin Cloutier wrote:
Hi,

I'm new to this newsgroup and I'm psyched I found it. But, my newsreader

technically this is a mailing list ;-)

personally I just subscribe to the list with my email addr and get all the
posts sent to me ... I never really got the hang of the newsgroup concept.

http://list.php.net and select php-generals

(I use Thunderbird also - never used it's newsreader functionality tho)

(Thunderbird), keeps returning a "Connection to server news.php... has timed out" when ever I try to dload or refresh the messages.

probably you should not be using news.php.net as your source,
try a downstream news server?

Anyone have a suggestions on what I can do? I'm assuming it's just a setting I need to change?

it usually is - ever noticed how it can take months to find the single
(**$($!)ing little switch that you need to toggle to get something
up and running again. :-)

Thanks for your help,

Kevin