File Upload Max Size

Hello everyone.  I'm basically building a PHP FTP client app.  This app
connects to an FTP server and allows the user to edit/delete
files/permissions, etc.  I've gotten to the point where I have started to
create a file upload feature.  The problem I have is that PHP only allows a
2mb maximum file upload, while normal FTP allows a much larger file to be
uploaded.  This app will be for a server where the user does not have access
to change any php.ini settings.  I'm basically looking for a way to upload
large files (if needed) through my PHP FTP client app.  This 2mb file limit
is killing me here.  Is there any way to get around this?  I'm using the PHP
built in FTP functions to do all the backend work for the app.  I don't
imagine there is an FTP function to use that will allow larger uploads is
there?  Please let me know if you have any suggestions.  I really need to
upload larger files, and since it's going to an FTP site, there shouldn't be
too many size restrictions.

Thanks,

Matt