Re: Mixing PHP & VBSCript

A real interesting challenge and when I first read it I thought the same
thing, instead of using the short form of tags, using a more extended form
such as
<script language=""> and so on, it should work, but then, Irealized that
there is a lot going on outside of the code, such as parsing the incoming
arguments of the POST or GET into either the $_REQUEST array or the
Request.Form collection and, on the opposite site, the assembly of the
output buffer.

Even in the CGI version of the PHP interpreter there is no provision I am
aware of to pipe either the request or the reply to any other interpreter
down the line, nor do I think the ASP interpreter has a CGI version.    How
come you were able to do both a Response.Write and an echo and get them both
streamed into the same browser, I can't figure out.  If you manage to send
headers from one or the other in any order it would be impressive, and if
from both, I would appreciate it if you would warn me to sit down tight
before you ever break the news.  Other 'global' objects or arrays would also
mess up.  Sessions, cookies, etc,   I can't imagine.

Another issue would be sharing variables, calling functions or passing
parameters.  I am certain that should be impossible.

A trick it should work, if you find any trouble with this is to do a sort of
'web service' with PHP which you can call from ASP, so you still leave ASP
handling the user interface as I assume it does now, and you can request
from a server running PHP (which might be the very same one) whatever the
PHP one cannot provide.