Re: cache xml objects in php5

Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

Jasper Bryant-Greene wrote:
Have you looked at memcache?
http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.memcache.php

He did say that serialization wasn't an option and you can't use memcached without serializing. You may not realize you are serializing, but the memcache
extension serializes internally.  There was also no mention of needing to cache
across servers here.

My bad. I didn't realise memcache serialised internally but now that I think about it, it kind of makes sense...

-Rasmus (attempting to use the new Yahoo! Mail webmail for php-general)

Any good? I've been using Gmail for webmail for a while now but have heard mixed things about Yahoo! Mail.

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer