Re: Cache/Form Problem

Peter Justus wrote:

Hi List

Not too sure if this is the right list to send to so forgive me for my
ignorance if it is incorrect.

My Question

I have a form which users need to fill out, (quite a lengthy one) it
consists of 5 or so pages with various questions on each!, the last page
submits the information and writes it to the MYSQL database.

My problem is that when they have say completed the first three or so
pages and they have to click on the browsers back button to check if
they have filled in all the right info and then click on forward again
to go to the original page from where they came, the information is lost
and they basically have to start from scratch. This is obviously most
annoying for them, is there a simple solution to this...

Is there something I need to change in my php.ini file
the site is hosted on a linux server running
php-4.3.2-19
mysql-3.23.58-2.3
httpd-2.0.46-44

Regards & thanks in advance
Peter

Store the form information is session vars, and pre-fill the forms with those session vars when the page loads. e.g:

<input type="text" name="foo" value="<? if (isset ($_SESSION['foo'])) echo $_SESSION['foo']; ?>">

HTH,

Mikey