Re: selfreferencing script with output

Sabine wrote:

> Thanks you very much Silvio, for your answer.
> Yes, it seems to be complicated. Especially regarding the time I have
> to do the programming for this part of my work.
> Now I reduced the time the preparing of the mailtext needs and hope
> for the moment that the servers time my script gets will be sufficient
> for the task.
> I have to check out the circumstances of the productive machine.
> But I will surely have a closer look on the AJAX approach later.

Well yeah it sounds difficult at the beginning, but if you have time to
study it a little bit this approach can be quite useful in your future
projects (<no_flames_please>in some cases, in my opinion, it could be a
much better solution than Flash...</no_flames_please>)

Anyway, thinking about your current approach I guess it would be better
of you let a background process (triggered by the user input or
scheduled with cron - you can use free ones on the net, like
http://hostedcron.com (never used it, thou)) do the mailing: what if
your user hits 'Reload' while the script is sending the emails? All the
emails get re-sent? Or if it hits the 'Stop' button?

> Thanks again and have a nice sunday
> Sabine

You too! ;-)

Cheers