Re: basic user/input form questions... more validation!

bruce wrote:
the mysql_real_escape function escapes with a'\' which works for
mysql, but isn't standard ansi... is there another function that does
the same thing, but uses the ansi standard "'". also, if there is
another function, does it also work with mysql??

Well, you could just use str_replace. But what's the point? A whole lot of MySQL deviates from the standards, often for good reason, and often in ways that makes it easier to use or simply better.

There's no functional difference that I know of (correct me if I'm wrong, please), so why bother?

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer