Re: Problems with PHP after MySQL Upgrade

On Sep 19, 2005, at 4:36 PM, Nathan wrote:

Here's the issue. I use MySQL as my database backend. I used to have php
running
fine and I used phpMyAdmin to do any admin functions I needed to on MySQL.

I recently upgraded to MySQL 5.x and ever since I've gotten the following
error messages.

When I try to use extension=php_mysqli.dll

This error follows

The procedure entry point myslq_stmt_bind_param could not be located in the
dynamic link library LIBMYSQL.DLL

Then I the following warning:

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\PHP\ext\php_mysqli.dll' - The specified procedure could not be
found.

When I try to use php_mysql.dll I get the following errors.

The procedure entry point mysql_thread_end could not be located in the
dynamic link library LIBMYSQL.DLL

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\Program Files\Apache
Group\Apache2\PHP\ext\php_mysql.dll' - The specified procedure could not be
found.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled Apache, PHP, and MyPHPAdmin - and I still
get no love.

Like I said, worked great before I upgraded to MySQL 5.x

I'm not as familiar with PHP on windows as I am with PHP on *nix, but I can tell you that if you install a new version of MySQL without recompiling PHP, then you're using old libraries that won't work with the new version of MySQL. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how you'd get the DLL's you need since you're not compiling anything and I doubt that MySQL would provide new one's during the installation.

Hopefully this gets you on your way.
-Joe