Re: Re: Using DOM object, how?

I would be extremely careful with this.. because sadly PHP's XML generator
uses the short form whenever possible.
<script /> will *NOT* work in most browsers such as FireFox.
<script></script> Will work.

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like if you define the tag like
$script        = $dom->createElement('script',''); <-- empty string
It tacks on an end tag.

I personally would love to see a function where I could set it to use the long form. and when importing if it's in long form.. set that long from flag on
automatically .. this would have saved me _hours_ of debugging work.

are you trying to just generate the entire html page using only the XML DOM? .. or are you doing this in conjunction with another language such as
XSL?

So far, just playing. But ultimately I'd like to generate the whole page using dom calls. It seems much cleaner for what I'm doing than creating a whole bunch of large functions that do nothing more than echo prestyled html.