Re: Re: Javscript embedding problem

It might be a timing problem.   It might take longer to load the file
containing the code so that when the inline code is found and executed, the
called function is not present.  Notice that all the downloads of the bits
and pieces of an HTML page proceed asynchronously and not sequentially.
You should not assume that the call to a function will be done after the
file is downloadad because it shows up later.  The browser queues the
download of all the external elements in the page, code, pictures, etc while
it keeps downloading and processing the main download.   They can easily get
out of synch.

The proper way to include and call javascript code is to include all code in
the <head> and then make the call in the onLoad event of the <body> tag.
This onLoad event is called when every part of the page is already loaded
and, thus, the downloaded javascript file is assured to be available.

Satyam

"Iggep" <iggep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> John Taylor-Johnston wrote:
>> Try \"countdown.js\" instead of single quotes ?
>>
>>> //INCLUSION OF COUNTDOWN TIMER
>>>     ."<tr><td colspan=2><SCRIPT language='JavaScript'
>>> SRC='countdown.js'></SCRIPT><center><script
>>> type='text/javascript'>countdown_clock(05, 11, 19, 08, 00,