From: Ed Lazor [mailto:edlazor@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, 14 September 2005 11:50 AM
To: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:  launch app

What's the best way to send an executable to a client desktop in PHP?

I'm doing a project where we need to check and see which files need to
be updated on a client-desktop.  The idea is for a user to visit the
website, an executable launches, checks the files on the drive, and then
sends the data back to the website.

It's all on the up and up - I'm not trying to do anything bad to the
user.  The site is designed to maintain a product that they're
purchasing from us.  Screens will explain what's going on.  I also
believe the browser will display something - not completely sure how to
trigger this, but I think it's something to do with having executables
"signed" - I'd appreciate if you have any advice on how to do this also.

Thanks,

Ed