Re: Quick Poll: PHP 4 / 5

hi Ryan,

here are my crosses :-)
It would be nice if you could compile a small summary
at some stage based on the replies - any chance of that?

Ryan A wrote:

[x] I am still working on PHP 4
[] I never work with PHP 4 anymore, all my work is with PHP 5
[] Oops, call me old fashioned but i am still with 3!

[x] I have no problems finding a host with PHP 5 support
[] I can handle PHP 5, but I only work with PHP 4
[] Nah, will wait till PHP 6 is out, theres not much diff between 4 and 5
[] PHP 5 sounds / looks too hard to learn

[x] Other

All my new stuff is in php5 unless I'm forced otherwise. I maintain
quite a bit of php4 code which I can't upgrade to php5 without a
major rewrite (which will happen when hell freezes over)

I mostly run on my own servers, some of my clients have dedicated hardware which I
can install what ever is needed onto. the hosting I do use is very flexible
in getting me the tools I want/need - I ask them 'any chance of php5' ....
15 minutes later I have access to a fully functional production box with php5
(etc). my hosting guys are a small technical outfit and rather nice to me :-)