Re: PHP 5, LDAP/Active Directory

> I've looked through php.net and scoured Google for a solution to an
> issue I'm having with PHP and LDAP but have so far found nothing. I'm
> trying to build an intranet site that uses the company LDAP (Active
> Directory really) service but I can't seem to get around the
> "Operations error" and other such messages when trying to bind.
>
> On my server I'm running:
> Fedora Core 4
> Apache 2
> PHP 5 compiled with OpenLDAP

I have this working with PHP5, Apache2 and Windows 2000

> I must confess that I'm very new to LDAP so it is likely that my
> problem is inexperience, but it seems that this issue has been
> resolved by others so I'm trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Same here!

> To shed more light on the topic, bug #30670 [ http://bugs.php.net/
> bug.php?id=30670&edit=0 ] seems to fit my situation perfectly. As
> some of the posts on that bug suggest, I've tried using
> ldap_set_option($ldap, LDAP_OPT_PROTOCOL_VERSION,3);
> ldap_set_option($ldap, LDAP_OPT_REFERRALS,0);
> between ldap_connect and ldap_bind but I still get the "Operations
> error" message. Everyone seems to be able to get this to work as long
> as they are running PHP4, but I have yet to see (or realize I've
> seen) a solution from someone using PHP5. I've also found where
> "blizzards at libero dot it" has posted "When querying a windows
> 2000/2003 AD you MUST use only SASL and not TLS (non supported)."
> - Is this true?

Are you doing an anonymous bind? If you are supplying login credentials, be
sure that you are supplying them correctly. This was the problem I had. If
this doesn't help, how about supplying some code?

I found this to be a very useful resouce
http://www.computerperformance.co.uk/Logon/LDAP_attributes_active_directory.
htm