Re: ASP (VBScript) to PHP Converters?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jay Blanchard" <jay.blanchard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "PHP General (E-mail)" <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 3:33 PM
Subject:  ASP (VBScript) to PHP Converters?

Howdy!

I have started searching around for VBScript to PHP converters and was
hoping that the group might have some recommendations. My new position
places me squarely into the middle of a Windows shop and one of the reasons that they wanted me here was to help them take the steps to the next levels. The first steps that I want to take with them are moving away from ASP, .NET
and IIS to PHP, C++ and Apache. We have a pretty robust MS-SQL Server
replication system, but I will introduce them to MySQL & PostGres for
certain projects.

I know that ASP to PHP converters aren't perfect, and a lot of the existing code was generated with Dreamweaver which has introduced some bloat. I feel that if we can get part way there that the rest can be cleaned up reasonably
easily. I look forward to hearing suggestions.

TVMIA!

Hi there!

I've been programming in both VBScript and PHP and there's som similarities, but a lot of differences.
From which version to PHP are you converting to? I guess if you're
converting to PHP5, it would be easier to check the code in VBScript and convert manually, then looking for a "converter"

If it is PHP4 (without classes), then maybe there is some simple converter out there. I've never tried on though...

/G
http://www.varupiraten.se/