owner of files created by fopen() become wrong?

Hi all,

I am so sorry that I have a lot of questions... This time I got a special
issue... I have set up a VirtualHost for the domain that have problem. Since
I am using Apache/1.3.33 , I have set the User & Group inside & outside the
<VirtualHost ...> ... </VirtualHost>  tags. As you know, the user & group
set outside VirtualHost will be the user & group that the main server run
with. And the one inside will be used for that domain only. The question
comes, when I trying to run a script that use fopen('xxxx.xxx','w'); to
create a file(or even create a dir), the file owner & group is 'apache',
that is the user & group I run apache with, but NOT the one inside the
<VirtualHost>!!! I have tried to restart my server and make sure the
httpd.conf loaded corrrectly, but the question is still there, can anyone
tell me how to solve this problem? Plesae help!

Thx!