Re: suggestions needed to use "session"

Hi all once again,

Thanks for all,

your suggestions made me to know about sessions and about the functions
needed to handle sessions.

but I have some doubts plz clarify those things

what for the session Id is ?.
what is SID ? I saw this in some example codings but it is not working in my
machine !

The coding which is using SID & failed in my system is as follows
-------- coding start --------------
<?php
if (!session_is_registered('count')) {
session_register('count');
$count = 1;
} else {
$count++;
}
?>

Hello visitor, you have seen this page <?php echo $count; ?> times.

To continue, <a href="nextpage.php?<?php echo strip_tags(SID); ?>">click
here</a>.
That echo statement is not working and my count also not gets increment.