Re: online/offline...but on a list of users

<clip>
> I want to add this same functionality to a forum on the same site (the
forum
> was custom programmed
> from scratch and not any of the popular ones), but since in a single
thread
> there can be a lot of different
> people/usernames that answer I would prefer _not_ to do a select lookup
for
> each username...
> any ideas on how else it can be done?
</clip>

I'd say start with a query that pulls the online users into an array,
then do an array_key_exists() or in_array() against that.

Thanks! Thats a really good idea and one that i didnt think of.

For now it should be okay as there are just a few hundred users, but
if it gets really big then it might be a bit of a problem...
if you any other ideas please feel free to reply till then I'll try your
idea out.

Thanks,
Ryan