Re: Re: php 5 upgrade - undefined index errors EVERYWHERE

Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Hello Jason,
>
> Am 2005-09-03 10:42:27, schrieb Jason Boerner:
>
>>My server was upgraded to php 5 and now nothing runs because of undefined
>>index errors all over the place..  How can I save myself from recoding for
>>hours and hours ??
>

> I have tried tu upgrade my Server to php5 too.
> Same Errors... several 1000...
>
> I am talking about 6 MByte PHP Scripts all over the Server.
>

>>Thank you in advance for any help you can offer.
>

> Unfortunatly not.  I have reinstalled php4.  Gmpf!

These are not errors, they are notices.  It happens on code like this:

<?php
        error_reporting(E_ALL);
        $a = array();
        echo $a['hello'];
?>

You get an error like:

Notice: Undefined index:  hello in /var/home/rasmus/ty on line 4

It is meant to be helpful since you probably want to fix your code.  But
if you don't care about these, simply ignore the notices.

In your php.ini file, set your error_reporting level:

error_reporting  =  E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT

-Rasmus