Re: ID based on position?

Auugh!! Why would you want to do this? You're flying in the face of relational database theory and practice. Position of a record in the table is, or should be irrelevant.

What if you have twenty thousand records, or two hundred, and the 45th record in the table is deleted? Fetching an ID from anything beyond that record, based on the order of insertion (position), is instantly broken.

Please rethink what you want to do, and if you are not familiar with relational databases read some of the excellent tutorials available on the 'Net about them and their design. It's pretty straightforward, common sense stuff -- but you can back yourself into an awkward corner.

Regards - Miles