Re: ID based on position?

Gustav Wiberg wrote:
Hi there!

Is there any function in PHP that gives an ID from a MySQL-db based on which position the record has in the table?

Let's say, there's a table like this:

1. Record1 ID 33
2. Record2 ID 76
3. Record3 ID 100

If I know position 2, I want to get ID 76. Is the only way to loop through the recordset?

Why don't you use MySQL's LIMIT clause? Example:

SELECT * FROM myTable LIMIT 1,1

will retrieve the second row from myTable. You could combine that with WHERE clauses or whatever. Note that the LIMIT syntax is LIMIT [rowcount] or LIMIT [offset],[rowcount] and the offset starts at 0.

--
Jasper Bryant-Greene
Freelance web developer

If you find my advice useful, please consider donating to a poor
student! You can choose whatever amount you think my advice was
worth to you. http://tinyurl.com/7oa5s