Re: security while building online store

Hi,

most probably, things like XSS (Cross-Site-Scripting) and SQL-Injections might lead to a successfull hacking-attempt. If you try to write your own online store, make sure that you do NOT use register_globals!

Try to google for XSS and SQL-Injections, there might be plenty of information on the web.

"Good night"-wishes from Germany
Christian

Hi,
I was checking on several php/mysql based on line store, free and commercial, but didn't find any that fits the best for us. Looks like, it would be the best to develop one. To make a online store that works fine - it shouldn't be such a big problem.
To make a SECURE ad SAFE online store - that's the tough one form me.

Before I even start building the store, can somebody point usual "traps" and problems, and security problems that usually happen, some advices, any advices?

Thanks for any help!

-afan