Re: Re: upload file - clients path to file?

angelo@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Well basically i need it for an "add products" page and if the users doesnt fill
in all the fields correctly I display some error message as well as populate the
textfields and dropdown lists with the values they previously entered, so if
they entered/selected the file I want to display it again so they don't have to
upload the file again. I know that I could do it without the user knowing
(backed) but then they might think they have to select the file again because
the upload field will be blank.

Please don't top-post. You can *NEVER* set an initial value for a file upload field. This would be a HUGE security risk. Imagine (on a Linux system):

<input type="file" name="myfile" value="/etc/passwd">

You need to alter your design so that this is unnecessary, for example as suggested by someone else -- don't display the upload box and display a message saying it is already uploaded, maybe with a link to re-upload.

Jasper