Re: [suspicious - maybe spam] [PHP] [suspicious - maybe spam] Need advice or code

On Fri, August 26, 2005 11:43 pm, Death Gauge wrote:
> I've made a site with 5 sites in it and has about 6 MySQL/PHP News
> databases. A while back I tried to use drop-down combo boxes to make a
> single page that linked all 6 news scripts so I could pick one from
> the
> drop-down enter the news and hit submit to add it to the site. The
> down side
> is that it didn't work and deactivated the submit button. Is there a
> way to
> make a drop-down combo box so that when I pick the item name it loads
> the
> said page under the combo box and then lets you submit and pick
> another one
> if you need to post to another database. I have 6 scripts that post to
> each
> database. Any help, code, or advice would be greatly appreciated.

First off, it SOUNDS like you want to post the same news item to more
than one site, sometimes.

So why not have six CHECKBOXes, so that you can submit the form ONCE
and be done with it?

Secondly, we really can't guess why your drop-down combo box that did
whatever it did disabled your submit button...  Though odds are really
really really good that your mistake is in JAVASCRIPT, not PHP, since
by the time you choose something from a drop-down in a web-page, PHP
is *long* gone from the picture.

Unless you actually ARE using that XmlHttpRequest stuff...

Personally, I would AVOID using JavaScript for anything that was
crucial to site operation.  It's just STILL too flaky on too many
browsers.

God forbid the browser makers should fix their daft designs/bugs
rather than roll out new features nobody can rely on release after
release. :-v

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm