Re: PHP Security

Santosh Jambhlikar wrote:
As this is the php mailing list it is obvious that i should not write against php. but people should know the truth. And it's a news (not by me) that's why i wanted to send link to u peoples.
I am sorry if i did something wrong, i am new user in php mailing list.

The problem is, it's not the truth. News isn't always true (gasp). You're welcome to write against PHP in this list, but only if what you write is true!

I am just saying, you should take what you read in the media with a grain of salt. The person that wrote this article obviously has no idea what PHP or XMLRPC are, as he thinks that a vulnerability in PEAR's XMLRPC package (*not* part of PHP, but simply a library built using PHP) is a vulnerability in PHP itself.

Jasper