Re: PHP and Active Directory

> Just to clearify what you're trying to do.  Maybe LDAP (or the ADLDAP? suggestion) isn't what you need.
>
> Are you trying to have a user type their username and password into a web form and have PHP pass that information to an active directory server?  Or are you trying to make sure that the user is authencated and get their username and such?
>
> If the user's computer is on the network with the AD server and they log into the domain on their PC (either directly or via VPN), then you can get their authenticated username from the web server (IIS at least).
>
> In this case, the user has already logged in and you're just grabbing the validated username for logging purposes or something like that.
>
> You have to enable NT Integrated Auth (aka NTLM) on the web server.
>
> Once the IIS server is properly configured and the user is logged into the domain, you can get their username via $_SERVER['AUTH_USER'].
>
> Make sure "Basic" and "Anonymous" auth are turned off in IIS.
>

> If you want to transparently pass a user's authentication information from a user's workstation all the way through to a SQL Server or something, that's a little more complicated.  But possible I believe.
>
> Can you give more detail on what you're trying to accomplish?
>
> -TG

Thanks TG! (Look Jay, thats an answer!!)

The idea is that the users dont have to login on each web aplication
im serving. So, if they are loged into de domain (using AD), they dont
need to login on each web aplication.

The server were i will host the aplications is a gentoo + apache2.

Saludos!
pancarne.