PHP GD and Unicode

Im doing a job that creates a business card that has double sided cards on
it.

- front side; is plain english
- back side; is the desired languages

I have been successfull with the japanese fonts displaying as an image
(jpeg), that has the fonts in it.

Now im trying the Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese. And i have no luck. Even if i try
the aria.ttf font which supports..

*Unicode ranges*Basic Latin, Latin-1 Supplement, Latin Extended-A, Greek and
> Coptic, Cyrillic, Cyrillic Supplementary, Hebrew, Reserved for Unicode
> SubRanges, Arabic, Reserved for Unicode SubRanges, Arabic Presentation
> Forms-A, Arabic Presentation Forms-B

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/font.aspx?FID=8&FNAME=Arial

As described on the fonts info on this page.

It displays fine on the browser if i set the correct charset

ex:<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-8-I"

But when i try it on a image, that has been created with GD. It does
nothing.

I just want to confirm, it what im doing with the fonts possible thru
GD/Jpeg?

Please help, if this aint possible. I think imight purchase the PDFLib
instead to test the unicode support.

--
Louie Miranda
http://www.axishift.com -- under development