Re: Re: Logging fatal errors and timeout

Hello RPG,

RG> I set my error report to 0 just like the ones at
RG> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.errorfunc.php: error_reporting
RG> (0);

RG> ... so that I can use the custom error handler function at
RG> http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.errorfunc.php.

RG> I'm on a shared server, by the way.

You cannot catch Fatal run-time errors with that method of error
handling. The error has occurred before the script settings have had a
chance to be picked up.

Check to see if your host allows you to use .htaccess settings to
over-ride PHP ini settings - for trapping Fatal run-times on a shared
server that's most likely your only option. I've seen some hosts dump
PHP errors to an error_log in the same directory as the script that
caused the error. This might be an option (although not very secure,
it's better than displaying the error across the middle of your site)

Best regards,

Richard Davey
--
 http://www.launchcode.co.uk - PHP Development Services