Re: About Get_meta_tags()

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 05:10:27PM -0700, Jimmie wrote:
> But an errors occurred when the page run. Some information liked this:
>
>   Warning: get_meta_tags(): php_network_getaddresses: gethostbyname failed
> in d:\apache\htdocs\meta_tag.php on line 3
>
> Warning: get_meta_tags(http://www.pconline.com.cn): failed to open stream:
> No such file or directory in d:\apache\htdocs\meta_tag.php on line 3

The first error means that PHP can't resolve the domain name
pconline.com.cn, i.e. it doesn't know what IP address that site is
hosted on. As a result, it can't connect to the site and open a file
stream to read the page you want to get the meta tags for, which is what
the second error is about. I would suggest getting up a command prompt
on the machine you are using (if this is possible) and seeing if you can
resolve the domain manually by running 'nslookup pconline.com.cn'
(without the quotes). If you can't, then there's almost certain a
problem with one of your DNS resolvers, as I can resolve the hostname
from here.

Paul

--
Rogue Tory