Re: String to Stream

Jay Blanchard wrote:
However, if I
know what you want to do with the string more specifically (I asked for
examples, which you have not given) I can get you to the right PHP
functions.

I am familiar with all of the PHP string functions.

PHP does not have a class or function similar to
isstringstream

Ok.

I thought it might since PHP does apparently have some generic stream functionality.

see: http://us3.php.net/stream

(I have not checked phpclasses.org to see if someone has
written one, so there might be one there).

I could not find any. Entering 'string stream' into the search field did not appear to turn up anything useful.

So, please provide a more precise example.

Please see useful examples related to istringstream. A google search would be useful here.

You could always write an
extension if the answers I have given are not satisfactory, but I think
that PHP has many built in string functions that it can probably
manipulate a string any way that you would desire.

As you have already stated, the PHP built in string functions are not directly capable of treating a string as a stream.

But thank you, it would appear that I will either need to write the string out to a file and then read it back in or just use the builtin string functions to process the string.

Neither solution was particularly appealing which is why I asked the question.