Re: Re: need help finding parsing error please

Matthew Weier O'Phinney wrote:
* Bruce Gilbert <webguync@xxxxxxxxx>:

Hello,

I am getting this on the following code, and I am not sure what is
causing the error and need some pros to take a look at it for me.

the error is:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '{' in
/hsphere/local/home/bruceg/inspired-evolution.com/Contact_Form2.php on
line 161

the error is correct. (that sounds funny)

find the line containing:

if (isset($err_msg) || isset($email_err) { echo

and look _very_ _very_ carefully at it. look again.
see it now?

I don't know if my mail client made a mess of your code layout
or if it was just a mess - if it was a mess to begin with then
I would recommend you try and be more consistent in the way you
present your code - it makes it easier to maintain and debug - granted
php doesn't care about the layout - you can write everything on a single line
if you really want. google on Coding Standards - pick a style your eyes like
and try to stick with it - you wont regret it.

<snip>

if ($_POST['op']!='ds') { // they need to see the form
   echo "$form_block";
   } else if ($_POST["op"]  == "ds")  {

Where's the end to this elseif? You follow it immediately with the
following lines, which simply won't work (can't define functions inside
if() blocks).

Matthew but it's perfectly valid to define a function inside an if()
block... It generally gets doen in apps where they have to support older versions
of php and conditionally define functions if they don't exist e.g.

if (!defined("array_push")) {
	function array_push($arr, $val)  { /*stuff*/ }
}

//Function saves time and space by eliminating unneccesary code
function check($fieldname)
	{