Magic Quotes or Curley Quotes or Something

I recently upgraded my server. It is running Ubuntu Linux with PHP and
MySQL. My site allows people to post content to their own web oages
through a web interface. Many of my customers compose their content on a
word processer and then cust and paste it to the web interface for
insertion to the database and later retrevial and display on a web page.

The problem I am having is that content which includes quotes is is not
being seen correctly. Rather than inserting a slashed quote (/"), it
inserts a bunch of strange formatted gunk. A sample of the problem anc be
seen at www.dallypost.com/ranch/page5688.php

Thanks

--
Lance Earl, President
DallyPost, Inc. - Equine Marketing/Training/Shows