Re: diplaying code in pages and forums ??

Gregory Machin wrote:
HI

Please advise.
I'm using exponent cms and I creating a technical site,

this is not the 'exponent cms' (whatever that is) user group.

I want to display code examples , how do I do this and with syntax highlighting,

shouldn't we be writing the necessary code for you? for nothing?

did you f***ing google for 'syntax highlighting php' or something similar?
and/or do you bother to read any of the posts made by other people of this list?
let me answer those last 2 questions for you - no you bloody well didn't - this topic
was covered not more than 3 days ago on the list - PHP has at least 2 functions made for the
very purpose (try using the like textbox at the top right hand corner of EVERY page on
www.php.net to find them) AND, now get this, php.net has a show source function (also on
every page) which allows you to see how they do stuff - the really 'crazy' thing is
you can even viwe the source of the script that is used to view the source .. right
there in your goddam browser.

with regard to displaying code - you'ree not the first to do - plenty of code out there,
in fact it took me 2 seconds to find a WordPress plugin that does exactly that -- you might
need to hack that code to make it work in your cms but heh, that's what its all about.

my 2 year old son say 'I want' less than a lot of people on this list, make an effort.

PS - any one guess I just started having a bad day?