Re: parent::construct not reliable working on php5.1 b2/b3

Am 03.08.2005 um 09:22 schrieb Jochem Maas:

Meno Abels wrote:

Thanks,
the problem with cut an paste i have not only one of these messages
i get huge amounts of these. So i stripped down to one, sorry my fault.
a) usally 4-6

any given class will never have a variable number of parents ;-)
IMHO 6 levels deep is pushing the boat out a bit - but technically it
should be no problem

depends on the application

b) no
c) yes, as I mentioned i tried both (old/new)

again it may sound stupid but double check spelling in the file.
also check for weird non-printing chars in the problem file -

there are is alot of code which works as i mentioned all the code
is generated. The pattern of the working code is not different to the
none working. Also i have some examples where i call the same class
in other scripts and they are working. So there is no write error. Also
the old syntax should work without change and php 4 it works perfect.

d) never tested i jump over 5.0

5.1 is still beta - test it on 5.0 (consider that the mailing list equivelant
of a military order ;-)

that will take a while to do

does the problem occur in only 1 baseclass? or in a fixed number of
baseclasses? or is does it occur anywhere/everywhere.

i occurs with a random pattern

are you trying to reassign $this or are you using the reference token (&) when passing objects around? (I ask because you seem to indicate that the codebase is being moved from php4 where such things are almost required to
make usuable OO code - whereas in php5 it's asking for trouble)

NO not used!

pump up error_reporting to full i.e. error_reporting( E_ALL | E_STRICT )
- maybe it will give you a hint.

DONE, i see nothing which is seams to be helpfull

also you might consider placing a call to debug_print_backtrace() in each
and every constructor to help see wtf is going on.

i'am not clear what is should help for.

lastly get a copy of Zend Studio Client/Server and set it up so that you
can do step by step debugging to see _exactly_ what is going on.

-:)

I'm running out of ideas here ... I can only suggest now to post code
- and plenty of it - if that is possible, send a link to somewhere rather than
bombard everyone on the list with 1000's of lines of code.

i will work to strip down you can't run the code without 20 own written c++/c
extentions.

the problem with the code is currently the problem only occures in the real application which as about 20000 lines of code. I tried to stripped down but there was not success. So I ask about how could i work out an idea from the php source to find these problem. I'am pretty sure that i done everything rightly in my application code. It works perfectly with the old-style and php 4.x and i converted all to the new style which is easy of course it is generated php source code so there is not really a general fault possible. If the
generator works-:)

that last IF is a big one though!

your questions aren't silly

I know that ;-) I was just trying to make sure you didn't feel as if I was
talking down to you :-)

you are welcome

meno