Re: xsltprocessor

Allan Jardine wrote:
Hello all,

I'm having a real problem with applying an xslt transform to a selected part of an xml document. I load the xml document using simplexml_load_file, and the same with the xsl file. Using the xpath function for simplexml I select a part of the xml document and store it in a different variable. I then apply the xml transform to that variable, however the transform actually applies to the whole xml document, rather than just the selected part in the new variable. I can't figure out why it does this. Does anyone know? The code I'm used is below.

   $xml = simplexml_load_file ( 'simple_test.xml' );

    if ( isset ( $_GET['s'] ) && isset ( $_GET['ss'] ) )
foreach ( $xml->xpath( "//section[@id='".$_GET['s']."']/ subsection[@id='".$_GET['ss']."']" ) as $subsection)
            $content = $subsection;

    $xsl = simplexml_load_file( 'simple_test.xsl' );
    $proc = new XsltProcessor();
    $proc->importStylesheet($xsl);
    echo $proc->transformToXML($content);

you might start by using some braces to explicitly delineate the
if and foreach block? ...personally I'm not sure exactly what your code
should be doing.

Thanks for any help
Allan