Re: PHP Spider/Crawler for Emails possible?

I guess my question at this point is that it sounds like you have control of the system.  Why not have it so when they enter their email address, they can check a box saying "Add me to your mailing list".. and it'll put them directly into the database?   Why the need to parse already built webpages to get the email addresses?

Parsing HTML for email and web addresses shouldn't be too hard and there are probably a ton of examples of how to use regex or other pattern matching systems to do just that.  But you can see how people wouldn't want to help build a doomsday device that could fall into the wrong hands. :)

-TG