Re: snapshot

Launching a brower shouldn't be difficult.. there's a few ways to do that.  Taking the screenshot might be trickier though.  I don't know of any function in IE that'll take a screenshot so don't know if you could do it through a COM interface to IE.

My first impulse was to maybe check out the PHP extension Winbinder:

http://www.hypervisual.com/winbinder/

But while it gives you access to low level Windows API functions, it might take some hacking to get it to get you a screenshot.

A non-php solution might be to use something like WinBatch.  It's a Windows scripting/automation language that I've used in the past.  It DOES have a Snapshot() function and can probably do everything you need.

http://www.winbatch.com/

The program costs money, but there are more inexpensive programs that have WIL (WinBatch Interactive Language?) scripts.  I remember using a program called ClockMan95 to run the scripts.  It cost like $30 versus the $90+ for WinBatch.

So that's what comes to mind for me..

1. COM PHP -> IE
2. WinBinder PHP Extension
3. WinBatch