Re: Multipage form redux

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 07:51 -0400, Jack Jackson wrote:
> Hi,
> I have searched the archives and seen links to tutorials at phpclasses
> (which seem to be down) and not found an answer to my question:
> I have a long form I want to break into seven pages. Rather than pass
> values from page to page as hidden, I'd rather write the results to the
> db after each page then move on.
>
> Anyone know of any tutorials on this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> JJ

That's not a very good idea. Imagine the user gets to the fourth form
and gets a cup of coffee, or goes out to lunch. By the time he gets to
the computer he might have lost the session, thus having data on your DB
that is wasting space.

And what if the user closes the browser window? :)

Bad bad idea.