safe mode

Hey!
I presently require hosting with a company that has their servers in Sweden,
and I need a shared hosting account,
any recommendations are welcome, the server is for a client.

I have found quire a few via google but I noticed most of them are with
Safemode ON and Register_globals ON
which I find to be quite strange because I have always hosted on a "regular"
server with safe mode off, register_
globals does not really metter, as if it was off I didnt do anything but if
it was on I used a htaccess file to put the
b**ch off :-)

I have done a little reading on Safe Mode, but I'm looking for _your_
experiences with safe mode and the problems
you have faced or/and any warnings for me. Will continue to read and search
via google while i wait for your answer/s.

OT->Another difference I have noticed with Swedish hosts and American hosts
is...more than 50% of the hosts here
are offering _no_ limit to traffic!! (As long as you are not offering music,
movies,porn or torrent trackers on the site)

Thanks,
Ryan