Re: Don't ejecute a sentence if a field is empty

Jesús Alain Rodríguez Santos wrote:
Hello I'm new:
I need to know how can I stop a php sentence if my db is empty, for example
I have writed a php sentence, if every fields from mmy db are full, there

what do you mean by 'php sentence'?

is no problem, but I delete every values from the all fields in my db when
I ejecute my script mysql give me an error, Ej:

$fecha = mysql_query("SELECT event_day, event_month, event_year FROM
$db_table WHERE event_title = $dia_maximo");
$fecha_max = mysql_fetch_array($fecha);
$fecha_maxima = $fecha_max['event_day'];
$diames_maximo = $fecha_max['event_month'];

wehen I ejecute the script the error message is it:

you get this message because $fecha is not what you think it is - I am willing
to bet that it actually contains FALSE), the reason it would contain false is
that your SQL statement is invalid. at the very least it should read something like:

"SELECT event_day, event_month, event_year
 FROM $db_table
 WHERE event_title = '$dia_maximo'"

if the value of $dia_maximo is coing from the user then you should be sanitizing the
value before using it in a query (see, as a start,
http://nl3.php.net/manual/en/function.mysql-real-escape-string.php)

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL
result resource in /home/www/cfg/prueba/calendar_este2/index.php on line
277

sorry for my english, I'm cuban

dont be! (your english is better than my spanish! this probably goes for most people
onm the list!)

besides for some reason I had to really laugh when I read then the word 'ejecute'
... laughing is always good! :-)

btw I think you meant 'execute'