To: <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Alan Milnes" <css@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 11:20 AM
Subject: Re:  how to post a question?

Chirantan Ghosh wrote:
Hi Alan & Everybody who wasted time to read my 1st Letter,

SORRY guys, I do deserve the scorn but it was genuine mistake I didn't want to post garbage bugging other people. I was under the impression that I was mailing to the HELP DESK( nonliving resp system).

If you can, Please do help me in my real PHP issue:
I am trying to print a remote header menu in a html page without frames.
The client side JS in located in this htm. ( http://www.dtcc.com/ThoughtLeadership/menu.htm ) I tried both INCLUDE, REQUIRE with no avail. I am a complete novice beginner so can anyone help me a bit please?

The code I tried:
==============================

</HEAD>
<BODY BGCOLOR=#FFFFFF background="images/bgb.gif" LEFTMARGIN=0 TOPMARGIN=0
MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0>
<?php

   $filename = 'http://www.dtcc.com/ThoughtLeadership/menu.htm';
   print getRandomLine($filename);

   function getRandomLine($filename)
   {
   global $errors;

     if (file_exists($filename)) {

       mt_srand ((double) microtime() * 1000000);
       $lines = file($filename);

       $line_number = mt_rand(0,sizeof($lines)-1);
       return $lines[$line_number];

     } else {
       $errors['getRandomLine'][] = "File: $filename not found";
       return FALSE;
     }
   }
 ?>

...& On it Goes

Can you please let me know why can't print the remote HTM in the current page (Though it is in a different domain)?

Thanks,
Chirantan
NYC

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan Milnes" <css@xxxxxxxxxxx>