Re: Loading dynamic extension

Richard Lynch wrote:
On Thu, July 21, 2005 12:17 pm, Mathieu Dumoulin said:

2. Further more, i can't seem to find a way to know from which path or
drive my usbkey is operating. There is maybe something i missed
somewhere that's why im asking. Anyone ever found something about the
CLI current run path in $_ENV or $_SERVER var?

If your PHP script is on the same drive as the GTK lib, then you can use
phpinfo() to find out the variable name that has your drive letter.

Something like $script_filename or somesuch.

Insert the USB device, note the drive letter, run php -i | grep "X:"

Course, on a Mac or Linux box, your USB device won't have a drive "letter"
per se -- You'll have the correct PATH though, for the OS it's on, which
is far far more portable.

Sorry that doesn't work, just in case i tried erasing anything related to Apache, PHP and Perl on my home system. It seems by default, if PHP can't find a php.ini it sets all defaults to c:\windows instead of setting them to the current application run path.

I think my next step will be to check if i can recompile PHP manually for windows and change the code in it to reflect what i need in terms of defaults... Like using the application start path and stuff like that to load extensions and more.

Does that look like a good idea?