Re: Re: PHP from CLI with SAPI

On Mon, July 18, 2005 1:49 pm, Fredrik Tolf said:
> very huge undertaking. I realize that Apache is huge, but that's just
> because it has so insanely many features -- an HTTP server in itself
> shouldn't need to be very complex, the way I see it.

There are innumerable other HTTP servers.

Some of them support PHP (and vice versa) to varying degrees.

I know there were posts about at least *ONE* of them I recall I wanted to
try "some day" and I'm pretty sure it was because that server gave you
more control over the PHP User.

Now, what the name of that server was, I have NO IDEA...

It was probably about 2 or 3 years ago.

I vaguely recall the name was maybe somehow related to "dragon" ???

At any rate:  The web-servers PHP supports officially is pretty short, and
you should check those out.

There are probably a bunch MORE web-servers that claim to work "just fine"
with PHP -- but possibly only as CGI, at which point suexec and the
faithful standard Apache is probably a better idea anyway, unless you have
more reasons not yet posted for dis-liking Apache.

I don't think Apache really loads *that* much stuff in if you set yourself
the goal of paring down your httpd.conf to the features you NEED.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm