Re: Rasmus' 30 second AJAX Tutorial - [was Re: [PHP] AJAX & PHP]

On Friday 22 July 2005 02:46, Richard Lynch wrote:
> If you NEED it to work, JS is simply not the right way to go, even with
> today's landscape.

I think that depends on whether you have a closed environment, such as an
intranet, or an open environment like a public web server.  In the public
case, I'd agree that relying on JS is a bad idea.  On a controlled closed
environment, there's a good chance that it's an OK idea (and perhaps a good
idea).

I'm working in a closed environment - I can see some really useful tricks with
the JS based 'go check this and come back' method for some of the input
fields I need.  Will I actually do it?  I dunno, I have other things to write
first :>