Re: db insert question

On Thu, July 21, 2005 6:52 am, JamesBenson said:
> Thanks for your reply, your example demonstrates what i was doing but
> does that do a MySQL query for every piece of data?
> So 20 form values would be 20 db queries, would that not consume a lot
> of resources?
> Is their another way?

Test it on your server.

20 INSERTS is pretty much chump change, really...

I mean, sure, if you're server is getting SLAMMED and you are executing
this page a thousand times a day or something.

Otherwise, your are really NOT looking at a lot of overhead for those 20
queries.

Time It.

I doubt that the prepared statements give much performance boost for only
20 queries, but, again, time it on YOUR computer.

--
Like Music?
http://l-i-e.com/artists.htm