Re: checking for internet connection

Assuming they connect to check their email every now and then, you do realize people will still receive your email regardless of whether their connection is up or not?

The emails reside on the email server until the user retrieves them.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steven" <steven_list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "PHP General" <php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2005 3:49 AM
Subject:  checking for internet connection

Hi

I am looking for a simple way to check if the server is connected to the
Internet, they use a dialup to get Internet connection, and I need to
email reports out, but want to check to see if the user remembered to
connect to the Internet first.  If anybody has a nice script, or just a
suggestion on a php function I could use to test for an Internet connection.

Thanks
steve