Re: "Only variable references should be returned by reference"

yOn Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Jason Wong wrote:

On Tuesday 19 July 2005 23:17, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
Just upgraded to 4.4.0 ... several "legacy applications" that we have
installed now break with the above error message ... specifically,
older installs of Horde, but I've seen reports of other apps ...

Without reverting back to 4.3.11, is there a way I can temporarily fix
this while working on the application issues themselves? :(

Change the relevant setting in php.ini.

Which is?  If its:

; at function call time.  This method is deprecated and is likely to be
; unsupported in future versions of PHP/Zend.  The encouraged method of
; specifying which arguments should be passed by reference is in the function
; declaration.  You're encouraged to try and turn this option Off and make
; sure your scripts work properly with it in order to ensure they will work
; with future versions of the language (you will receive a warning each time
; you use this feature, and the argument will be passed by value instead of by
; reference).
allow_call_time_pass_reference = On

It already is ...

Is there another one I should be looking at? :(

----
Email: scrappy@xxxxxxx           Yahoo!: yscrappy              ICQ: 7615664