Re: Post URL ?

""Joey"" <Joey@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:JUPITERGFyqQMfHYxDn00000001@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> OK I understand the difference between a get & a post but if I just have a
> URL/link which is calling a function like so:
>
> abc.com/display_information?customer_number=$value
>
> It passes to the display_information the customer number visably, is there
> way to do this where it's not visable?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joey

What problem are you trying to solve here? Is it a matter of security? Are
you for example trying to stop people from seeing other users' details by
pasting in their customer number?

If so, you could require a password.
If it's important to hide the customer number, you can use a semantically
meaningless key to look it up in the db.

If you don't want it to appear in the url, make a POST request, store it in
a cookie or a session.

It all depends on what you actually want to do.