Re: Moving PEAR installation (for self-contained class library)

Andrei Verovski (aka MacGuru) wrote:
Hi,

I have a PEAR-related question. My class library using some PEAR packages, and I would like to make it self-contained, i.e. to be able to move it to a server (for example MacOS X) which do not have (and will not require) installation of any PEAR package(s).

What I would like to do is just to copy whole PEAR directory from the /usr/share/php5 in the corresponding subdir of my class library. The question is - how to make this work transparently. What global php_ini variables need to be changed? Just ¨include_path¨ or anything else?

Did you already have a look at http://pear.php.net/manual/en/installation.shared.php ?

I think it covers most of your questions.