Re: Re: security question...??

Why don't you try to get interactivity with ID machin which is unique, or with mac address.

David

Le Tue, 21 Jun 2005 12:50:23 +0200, Shaw, Chris - Accenture <cshaw@xxxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

"(thus Philip Zimmermann got arrested for violating the weapons law when he
created PGP)"

I thought he got arrested because he exported PGP out of the US, not because
he created it.
He was told that PGP could not leave the US via any electronical form,
compiled or uncompiled, because of the encryption level. He didn't break that condition and got it out via a book and someone outside the US scanned in the
book and compiled the source code, but they arrested him anyhow.

Probably some urban myth that I heard somewhere.

As for the browser topic, you cannot control what the client browser is, or whether it has any naughty plugins. The responsibility is on the user, once
the data has left the server via HTTP.

Didn't the UK banks try to implement something like that for the online
banking, you could only use Internet Explorer, which sparked a debate in the
Linux/Unix world. This was easily spoofed.